Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Chocolate Easter Bunnies



It must be nice to be a grandparent, great grandparent, aunt, uncle, neighbor or friend... you can send chocolate bunnies, suckers, jelly beans, Butterfingers, M&Ms, and more jelly beans to 2 year old little girls and not have to be the one to tell them they can't have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!


Don't get me wrong, these Easter baskets are so much fun. And such a delight to watch Morgan open with great anticipation. However, reasoning with a 2 year old over why we can't eat chocolate bunnies and jelly beans for every meal isn't the easiest "motherly" task. The video below may seem insensitive, but I can assure you this child is well cared for and her "valid and legit" meltdowns are not usually handled in a way such as this (ie. recorded on video and posted on the Internet)!


For example, this dear child today got scared by a loud noise and ran into my lap crying. She told me that only a jelly bean would make her feel better. Don't worry I didn't buy it. Is my child pacified by candy... oh no, she's turning into her mother already! Anyway, I put a hold on the Easter candy today because of poor behavior at the park yesterday (don't worry she didn't pull any of that mean boy stuff). The only way she would get a jelly bean today was if she teetee'd in the potty... unfortunately she didn't get a jelly bean today (did I just say that?)!


With all of that said and in complete seriousness, I know that none of you all gave my child this candy with the intentions of hurting her or her teeth, but because you dearly love her and care about her and for that we are so grateful. It is a treat to see her open these baskets and boxes and get so excited and ask me over and over, "Is this one from Mimi!?""Did Mom and DaddyBoy send me this? Oooh look Paiger, this one's for you!" It is so fun to watch and I managed to take a few pictures of 2 of the 4 Easter baskets she's already received. I'm feeling much better about not having anything put together for her for Easter... it seems as though they both are pretty well covered.


The link below is to pictures I took this afternoon. We're in the middle of drought and it's only April... bad for the grass but good for time outside in the afternoons! Enjoy the pictures & enjoy the video!




2 comments:

erika said...

oh my goodness! i love it! the photos of the stickler girls is too cute... i'd like an 8 x10 of that one! and morgie having a melt-down is so sad but so precious. happy easter... and remember mommasissy sent an Elmo dvd... no candy at all! :) love you sister!

Risala Furniture said...

Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. hand tufted carpets abu dhabi