Friday, December 12, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Hi.It's me.
I'm back much sooner than I thought!

This is what I'm doing and I'm having a blast.
My house smells like Buttermilk Pie and my children are sleeping!!
I know my apron isn't very festive but it's my favorite from the Vintage Collection!
Also... Pandora is playing from my Amy Grant HOLIDAY station!
Please tell me you know about Pandora?
If not, click on that link.
It's free {you know I like that} and fabulous!

Merry Merry, Y'all!

ps- the greenery on my table is a live Advent wreath. It's made from Christmas tree clippings and other yard clippings {boxwood, holly, nandina, etc}. It starts like this with an aluminum foil pan and that Styrofoam you wet... {minus the toddler finger who couldn't resist smashing it in} and you just stuff it full starting with larger clippings on the bottom. It's fun... you oughta try it!


9 comments:

Allyson said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!! I got your Christmas card in the mail this afternoon. It is SO CUTE!!

Caroline said...

would you post that buttermilk pie recipe? i have never even heard of it but it looks delicous!! i love to make pies!

Caroline said...

would you post that buttermilk pie recipe? i have never even heard of it but it looks delicous!! i love to make pies!

Tyne said...

Yum! buttermilk pie is so good. I love Pandora, too. Free great music and such a great way to learn about new artists.

Jennifer said...

I wish we were neighbors...I'll post a pic of my apron and you'll see why! :) We'd look so cute swapping sugar and eggs! I had it on today as I made loaves of wine cake (delicious little recipe that calls for sweet vermouth, not wine) for the neighbors.

Glad you're enjoying the season!

becky said...

thanks!! and i'm mulling my apples, cinnamon, et. al. and wanting to slurp up my christmas time. and thanks for the pandora link. i'm gonna check it out!! and i hope today was the best day or your week!

Tegan said...

Okay, I have never heard of Pandora and I just clicked on it....AMAZING! Yummy, I wish I was enjoying your buttermilk pie! You are such an amazing woman and I admire all that you accomplish. Justin is so blessed to have you as his helpmate!!! What an example of Proverbs 31!!!!!

kayce hughes said...

just found your blog. love it.

Shireen said...

Amen to the most wonderful time of the year! :) Especially when we're expecting!! ;) Lots of great anticipation!!

So, buttermilk pie? So, what is that like? A thick, fluffy pancake in a pie shell? :)