Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 22:: Flower Power

flowerpower

I searched & searched for a 'fabric flower tutorial' to no avail. I found several that weren't exactly what I was looking for. So, I decided what the heck... just make your own...

  1. Cut scraps of fabric into flower shapes {going from big flower to small flower}. You could probably use a stencil but I was in a hurry so mine are all a little rough.
  2. Dip flowers into a bowl of watered down Elmer's glue.
  3. Place wet flowers on drying rack.
  4. Let dry.
  5. Layer flowers.
  6. Stitch the flowers together.
  7. Glue buttons on top.
  8. Attach to barrette clip in the same fashion you would the bow.
  9. Place in daughter's hair!

flowerpower2

16 comments:

KMR said...

Your flower clips are cute. Here is a tutorial for another one... http://blairpeter.typepad.com/weblog/2006/03/fabric_flowers.html

Kim

Anonymous said...

I love it. You are so talented!!!!

Trina said...

Love the glue dipping idea! Very cute and easy clip :)

Jessica said...

that is so cute..... I have to try it! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Lisa said...

DARLING!!!!

andi said...

I love the comments with the pictures! You have wonderful ideas!!! I am proud of you for hosting small group, that is a lot with Little Man screamin' in the night! Love the mugs, big fan. Let's get together soon. I'll be out of town next week, but maybe one evening the next, you could come over after kiddos go to bed and we could sip coffee. Hugs!

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Very cute - I've seen them done with felt, but not fabric. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

i totally love all your tutorials! now i just need a girl...

BKaminski said...

Darb its adorable! Im sure M and P will look great in them!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I found your blog when I was googling for hair bow tutorials a couple months ago. I used your tutorial and my little one year old has the CUTEST bows ever! Thank you! I can't wait to try these as well.

You're very talented and so sweet! Thank you for sharing.

Mommy Harris said...

Darby you rock! I didn't have the ability to do the flower but I looked at the other bow tutorial and made a ton of bows today from old ribbon I've been collecting! I also loved that tutorial of the zipper bag the other day, you should put that on the "Lookin for one of these" section of your blog so people can quick reference it as well! Thanks girl~

Mommy Harris said...

PS- I even blogged about it...check out my blog for your 'shout out'
;-)

Wanting What I Have said...

So fun! Why am I not surprised??? :)

Laura said...

So cute, Darby!

LeslieW. said...

Love it! I am so glad I have something to do with all those scraps! Thanks.