Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Why are kids so stinkin' hilarious?!

I think kids are hilarious! The things they say, the things they do, the things they wear; they keep me laughing all day long. Last night Justin and I took a trip to the new house to check out the progress (I snapped a few pics of the Christmas decorations)...





Before we left for our outing Paiger found a cooler in the kitchen. She held it like she holds Carol, like it was her baby. Anyway, I snapped a picture of her and her cooler on the way to the house... (don't mind the dirty face & clothes).
The other thing that kills me about kids, especially Morgan, is their independence. Morgan loves to do everything herself and has for about the last 10 months. Within the last 3 to 4 months her favorite thing to do herself is dress herself (which includes picking out her own clothes). Her choices usually make me cringe but I try to ease the pain with a good chuckle and tell her how proud I am of her. It especially pains me when I spend hours making her the cutest outfit and she wants to wear a cruddy orange tank top with pink pants... and usually the fight isn't worth making so we just cover the orange tank top up with a sweatshirt. Anyway.... this morning I was getting breakfast ready (trying not to throw up in the sink...) and going on about my business when Morgan made her grand appearance and informed me that she was "all ready to go to school". I couldn't resist a picture. Here's what the outfit consisted of: a navy cardigan sweater (nothing underneath), a pair of pink knit shorts, white Auburn socks (War Eagle!) and white sandals. And ohhhh she was so proud of herself. Unfortunately for her and fortunately for me... it was too cold to wear this get-up to school today.
Instead the sweet child changed into the most precious Hanna Anderson hand-me-down dress with Christmas ornaments all over it. She was thrilled to wear it and I was even more thrilled that she wanted to change out of her own selection!

Happy Tuesday!!




post signature

19 comments:

erika said...

I do believe that I was the purchaser of the navy cardigan and the Auburn socks. At least the articles I provided matched. She is too funny. Raiger with a cooler... also funny. The house looks beautiful! I know you are anxious to paint the brick, but it looks nice at night (when you can hardly see it- HA!).
XOXO
E

The Pavliches said...

Oh goodness...you wouldn't believe how much fun Morgan and Brice would have "matching" outfits together. It seems they have similar taste...Brice's classic is a dress-up polo shirt (longsleeve always), sweatpants or sweatshorts, socks with New York skyscrapers, and black patent leather dress shoes.
I agree, it is very hard not to fight, it is just hard to buy nice outfits when you know that the last time you will see the matching articles together is on the hanger in the store.

The Pavliches said...

One more thought...I AM thankful that he is one less person to dress in the morning...it does help. :)

TMB said...

so funny...i am laughing out loud!!!

Jennie-Marie said...

That is great, oh the things to look forward to. Just think ten years down the road! I love it.

lindsay said...

HA HA HA! "carol the cooler"

I think Morgan knew it was cold out-- that's OBVIOUSLY why she put on socks... hellooo!

Household6 said...

Very nice! I love a spotlight on the front door, we have one too.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

H

Caroline said...

You probably dont know me... but I am stalking you through your blog! haha I am Jennie-Marie's sister-in-law so I am not a total freaky stranger. Don't worry! :) I just love reading your blog. When I scan down JM's list of blog links yours is always the first one I check. Your stories are so funny and your girls are gorgeous! Thanks for entertaining me every morning!
Caroline

jeana said...

very funny! :) caden doesn't quite dress himself yet- he just wants to wear the same blue shirt everyday. and alec reminds me of your little paiger... he carries bags all over the house like a purse and says Bye Bye... that he's off to the zoo or "oxmoor"... aren't they so fun? by the way, you're not preggo are you? when i read that you wanted to throw up in the sink, i wondered?? :)

Our family said...

So funny! I love to read about your girls because they are both about a year older than each of mine so I can see what is to come! I am sure Anna Walton will want to start dressing herself soon too. She already wants to pick out her own bows and I cringe at some of her selections but I make myself let her wear her choice anyway! Congratulations on baby #3! I just read that in your last post--so exciting!

The Martin Family said...

Morgan is such a fashionista! And I love Paige with the cooler! Your house looks so beautiful all decorated for Christmas. I know you are SOOO ready to be in!

The Martin Family said...

Where did you get your beautiful wreaths? I'm in the market!

The Nebrigs said...

Morgan looks beautiful in "her" put together outfit!! Sometimes when Finn doesn't have any clean clothes that match. I put him in whatever, and tell people he picked it out!! HA! I guess everyone knows my little secret now. Has Paige named her cooler yet?

Tegan said...

Love the front doors...I can't wait to get the grand tour soon! You will have to take a picture of each room and post it! Your sweet girls are just precious. What will you do if you have a boy? They're pretty yummy I have to say!

Ashley said...

You are so funny! The thing I love about this bloggin' business is that I can TOTALLY picture you doing all this!! Those girls are a mess...wonder where they get that??? :) Hope you're feeling better!! Love you!

Valerie said...

Hi Darby. Yes, I do remember you! You have a beautiful family too! Your new house looks so pretty. Thanks so much for reading my blog!

Dena said...

Your house looks GREAT! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the wrought iron !!!!

That is why we only have dresses in the house - I could only imagine what Annie would want to wear! They are cute no matter what they have on!

arre said...

Darby - I thought of you, your blog and your adorable girls tonight at dinner when Mary James, my two and a half year old niece said the following while looking at a wedding picture of Matt and I (it should be noted no one told her it was a wedding picture): "There's Matts" (she refuses to drop the 's' and corrects the rest of us when we call him Matt) "and you" (long pause while she studies the picture) "Y'all are married?!"

Risala Furniture said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
playground grass in abu dhabi