Sunday, July 12, 2009

Party at the Schoolhouse

All3

My family can find any reason to throw a gathering, but this past Friday we had two very good reasons to celebrate! Two of our three children have summer birthdays; John Martin turned 1 on June 30th and Paige will be 3 on Tuesday {July 14th}.

So, we headed to the schoolhouse for pizza, birthday cake, presents and fun.

This is the kindest "almost" three-year old I know; tender, sweet, caring, compasionate, and cute as a little button.

Sweet Paige

We didn't tell her she was having a birthday party, you can imagine her excitement.

Paige Hat

She also didn't know there would be cake or presents or birthday hats. Neither did her sister.

Morgan Hat

There were several "good sports" who donned hats for the occassion.

auntdi

Mimi with Hat

Morgan and Mimi Hat

Equally as exciting as the hats were the candles {all of them... Morgan was in charge of adding them to the cake so we ended with many more than we actually needed}.

Blow 'em Out Sister

John Martin squeeled like a little pig {and made a face like one too} when we presented him with his birthday candle!

JMScandles2

JMScandles3

And the poor little man got his feelings hurt when we took the cake away to cut it... or maybe he noticed the candle was pink and the frosting was purple!

JM not happy

He got his cake and Cousin calmed him down!

JMandCousin

After the cake and ice cream George took the kids out to play in the corn. I couldn't find them anywhere and then a little head popped up!

Kids in the Corn

I think we may plant our entire back yard in corn, it's been very entertaining for the kids! Although, I'm certain, ours wouldn't look anything like this.

Morgan and George

Then we came in to open presents...

party dress

childrenopenpresents

JM's fish bubble came from Ashley Eiler of Blessed Be the Name & Favorite Laundry children's clothing lines. It might be the sweetest thing he owns and just wait 'til you see what the girls got {I'll show you soon... we brought them with us}! I examined the construction with my "hawk eyes" and they are so well made, lined, and absolutely beautifully constructed!!

Back

JMback2

After the kids opened presents we went outside to play wiffle ball and roll around in the freshly mowed grass.

Blue-eyed girl

Sweet Morgan 2

Our weekend has been so wonderful and included an trip to the Dairy D...

DairyD2

plus much more that I'll report on soon!

36 comments:

Grace said...

What beautiful photo - you are so gifted! The pic of JM eating the ice cream cone is hilarious! Looks like y'all are having a great time, can't wait to see more!!

Unknown said...

How fun! You have such a great eye for photography. The kids look adorable as usual. You have such a precious family!

Jennifer said...

Love the bubble. I agree, that might be the sweetest thing I have ever seen. The girls shirts are so cute too. Did you make them?

cedwards55 said...

What precious memories you all made this week. Your photography skills are amazing. Great job, Darby!

Anonymous said...

That "almost" 3 year old is sooo cute, I could eat her with a spoon!!! She looks like she is going to be a fun lovin' girl! And, that is not to say that those other two are also the cutest ever!! Good job parents! Susie in Texas

Elizabeth said...

oh, how sweet! i love how you surprised the birthday girl! Sweet, sweet pictures!

ezza said...

Okay seriously love your blog. Great photos always, but then you do have the most precious subjects ever!

Jennie-Marie said...

Oh I love BBTN, just went to a show this weekend! And yes it is all very well constructed! Love all the pics, I know you are enjoying your time at home!

Kendall Boggs said...

what a magical life!

Mrs. Brock said...

In case no one has told you in the last 5 minutes, you have the cutest kids!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great party! Love the cornfield shot. :)

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Absolutely precious pics and kids, too, of course. Happy Birthday!!! So glad you got to share it with family!

MaryBeth said...

This could possible be the sweetest summer vacation ever. We should all have this to go home too. You are all so lucky. MB

Amanda said...

I second that Marybeth...You are a lucky gal Darby...I have already contacted BBTN about JM's bubble, I would love to get Christian one but looks like they have moved onto Fall...I'll cross my fingers though! Keep the posts coming, I feel like I am on vacay too!

Allison said...

Hi! Just wanted to say I "heart" your blog:) My sister, Amelia, works for BBTN! I actually found your blog through her! Anywho....your kiddos are precious and it looks like y'all are having a blast! I just got home from 10 days in Alabama. Now I need a vacation from my vacation...hehe!

Brittny said...

can i come? it looks like a dream being there! and your children are so beautiful! (the younger ones are the same ages as mine and my son thinks paige is cute! of course i had to ask first, he is only 3) we just adopted a 2 yr. old golden retriever and i posted a link to your blog telling my friends i want to move my family and our new dog to your parents' farm. my husband loves your photo skills and is trying to figure out how you do it.

Beck said...

Darby, this is my favorite post from the vacation. Lovely, lovely photos...and they aren't half as adorable as the kiddie pies. I'm glad middle child Paige got a surprise celebration!

CC said...

Darby, looks like y'all are having the most wonderful memory making vacation!!!! Soak in all the goodness.....and thanks for sharing with all of us!

Happy birthday to your sweet ones!
Hugs!

Jill said...

LOVE the pics! I have 3 girls and my two older ones remind me of your's. They have those same shirts, too! Your party looked fun. :)

Melissa said...

What a fun party! I want a schoolhouse too!

Erin said...

I've been a reader for a while, and I just have to tell you... your kids are quite possibly the cutest 3 littles ones I have ever seen! So precious!

And, you've inspired me to sew with all your adorable dresses you've made!

emilia morgan said...

Looks like you and your family will look back on these beautiful pictures fondly for many years to come!

ansley b. said...

The first photo is one of my favorites photos you have taken! Absolutely adorable.

C and M said...

Your children are going to love looking back on these photos and memories. Great job!

Krista said...

Looks like a great time ... happy birthday to the kiddos. I never comment, but I love reading and trying your recipes. Can't wait to make the fruit roll ups!

Dianne said...

You are making me so ready for our family reunion in August. Love looking at these photos. Thanks for sharing. Is Erika still with you? She has been MIA from her blog. Hope all is well.
xoxo

Maggie Dickinson said...

I love the picture of JM shoving that ice cream cone in his mouth. Sooo cute!

Tara said...

Loved all the pictures...you're such a pro with your camera! The ones in the grass are my favorites I think, but then again it's hard to pick! They're all so good! Hope you're having fun, fun, fun on the farm! Call me when you're heading south if you need a break...we've got a great park and splash pad a few blocks from the house. Happy early birthday from the McClendons, Raiger!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful place. I love the country.
My son turns five years old on July 14th! What a happy month for a birthday.
Jennifer

Rachel said...

Seriously, your family is WAY TOO cute!! I say that at least 3 times each week though so you should be fully aware by now of my thoughts on them!! :) We took a trip to Watercolor (I must make a trip to Red Dog) for the week with family. I was reading through your blog...and my 13 y.o. niece about had a cow b/c she thought your kiddos were the sweetest thing!

bluehydrangea said...

Do you ever take strangers home with you? I have loved reading and seeing the fabulous pictures from your trip. It looks like the kind of fun my family would love. Can't wait to see more.

Cstargel said...

I gave you a "shout out" on my blog!!!

http://www.cstargel.blogspot.com/

Can't wait to see more fun stuff from you!

andi said...

I have loved catching up on your trip!!!!! Mt. C. is beautiful. I love the homes you took pictures of. There are no cookie cutter houses, all authentic architecture- unique and full of character~
I can only imagine leaving will likely rip your heart out...

Katie said...

Thanks for updating even when you're on vacay, Darby! As always, I really enjoy your posts 0-- all of them.
Cheers and thanks!
Katie

MatersandMelons said...

Happy Birthday to your two sweet little ones! Paige has the same birthday as my mother.

I love JM's bubble, and I love the girls' little tops -- did you make them? If not, where did you get them?

watkinsclaire82 said...

Oh my gosh! Your pictures are so beautiful! Whatever your mother fed you and Erika, I want some! Both of your blogs are always a pleasure!