Monday, March 2, 2009

My friend Ashley...

ashley&steph

My friend Ashley will be on the Dr. Phil show today! She's a "couponer" and has a very wonderful blog: Frugal Coupon Mom. She'll be featured at the end of the show. The show focuses on saving families money... sounds like a show I may need to tune in to.

On the homefront... Mom and I are up to our eyeballs in YARD SALE stuff. We have laughed so hard at some of the clothes I'm getting rid of. Not that each piece is funny but the combinations we've put together {as a joke} are hilarious. I think it's one of those "you have to be here" and boy do I wish you all were here to help! Just come by and see us THIS SATURDAY! Mom will hopefully be here for a couple weeks. She doesn't come often but when she does she stays... praise the Lord! It's so fun having her here... especially with a major yard sale coming up and 2 sick kiddos... well, Morgan is better, Raiger not so much!

More yard sale info to come... directions, hot items, etc! You won't want to miss it... and Erika and Marla are coming too... and Erika's bringing FABRIC and various other goodies. Ok, back to the grindstone.

11 comments:

Becky said...

i think i may be sick. i am going to miss out on FABRIC too??? i may need to call my momma or stepmom to come over there. i will SOOOO watch dr. phil. you just don't know how much this saving money/coupons/etc has been on my mind lately. i know i have only mentioned a jillion times blowing our grocery budget. i even signed up for emealz (that i saw on shireen's site) this morning.

Frugal Coupon Mom - frugalcouponmom@gmail.com said...

You are sweet! Poor Stephanie and Daniel don't get arrows (haha)

Jessica said...

I saw Ashley at Publix a couple weeks ago and told her I need to shop with her! I try couponing but have never been able to save as much as they do! I'll definitely be watching it today :) I'm hoping to make it to the class she's teaching at Wildwood too...

duchess said...

I'd so love to come to your yardsale but I'm afraid the trip might take too long & all the good things will be gone before I arrive. darn.

meredith said...

My mom and I are planning on being there! My mom wants to meet your mom!

~Meredith

The Gardners said...

Darby - I love checking your blog! Is there any way your sister could post her fabric? I would be willing to pay good shipping and handeling:)
Emily

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Sounds like fun! And I hate that I missed the coupon tips! I'll have to check her website!

Mandy said...

I am so upset I can't get there...but I think it might be a LONG drive from Charleston, SC...maybe another season in my life I can make it...without two little ones...Don't get me wrong... I would LOVE to load up the car, IPOD cranking, Starbucks in hand and drive off into the Alabama sunset! Especially today, with two fussy children! Enjoy your Mom..I LOVE when mine comes..she comes very often but just stays two nights...Good luck with the organizing...I know you will get that camera and MORE!

Spirit of Adoption said...

I love that you are doing this with your mom and having a great time w/ her! I hope my girls and I are doing this sort of stuff together when they have kiddos! ; )

Dianne said...

Oh my, when you said Erika was bringing fabric I got squirrely. I am so far away and know it's going to be wonderful! Do you hear me having a tantrum? I want to come!LOL

:o) mg said...

You so didn't say who the other girl is in the picture. Please introduce us to all your friends. (Don't I sound just like a mom?)