Saturday, November 1, 2008

Guess Who Stinkin' Surprised Me?


This squirrel! {and she was a good citizen and voted before she came!}



the girls and I are having fun too!

Shireen, this is the dress from Walmart that took me 20 mins to decide on... it was all of $15!

my girls & her girls


Here's what we've done:

  • brewin' up some more apple butter {we're licking the air right about now}
  • drooling over the new Nov/Dec issue of Cottage Living... y'all check out Anne Turner Carroll's spread {p. 32-38}... we're smitten with her kitchen!
  • went to Big Lots for to reload on cinnamon... 2 Big Lots patrons asked me what I needed so much cinnamon for {I was only buying 3... I really only needed one but when they're $.99 why not get a couple more}; you better believe I told 'em for some Apple Butter... both explained to me that they loved Apple Butter!
  • we hit up the Highlands Antique Mall and both were self disciplined and didn't buy a single thing... although we saw some college girls dropping some of "daddy's money" and we thought "girls... that is short lived" but didn't want to ruin the moment and tell them.
  • we found a house for Mom & DaddyBoy... now if we could just get them to buy it and move SOUTH!
  • now we're home hangin' with the crumbcrunchers and trying to decide on dinner! I'm thinking Steak Out! :) We'll see!

"what do you think, Sister?"

Mom & DaddyBoy... it's waiting for you! :)

Morgan loves her MommaSissy!

19 comments:

Tara said...

Can we talk about how fun y'all are? I wish I was there!! And did you seriously get that dress at your local Wal-Mart??? I'm so on my way out the door...

Household6 said...

I'm so jealous. Wish I could hang out with my sis. Loved the house!

H

Dianne said...

I am so glad she came to visit. You two belong together. It's always so fun when my 2 sisters come for a visit. Nothing like family!!!!
Loved the house you found. Would they actually ever leave the farm?

Marla said...

Awww, I am so jealous. Wish I could have come to play! Now send her home to me so she can hang my drapes!!

erika said...

Marla,
Don't you know I don't hang drapes on weekends!? Tell Shane good luck!
XO
e

becky said...

yay!!! see...good things come to those who need a break! way to go mommasis!! how fun to get to hang with your sister!! you surely deserved some twin goodness.

andi said...

So fun!!! Glad to get to see you via drive by!

Shireen said...

Love the dress! :)

Glad you got some fun sister time!

The Nebrigs said...

I love the picture of you guys in the reflection of the furniture!!! I don't know why but it cracks me up. Also cottage living!!! love it!! I was sitting there looking at Anne Turner's kitchen yesterday trying to figure out what to do with my own kitchen. Oh and I love to cover too!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I like your Walmart dress, cute! I might have to hit up mine to see if it's there. I think it will go perfectly with my boots from Target.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Wish I was there! I love the dress...Walmart here I come:)

Courtney said...

Can we please talk about the Apple Butter again?! All I have been able to think about since reading your canning post is this apple butter - I've never had any. What do you put it on? I'd probably be just fine licking it off a spoon.

Have fun this weekend - you two are so dang cute!

Ashley Turnbull said...

What a fun weekend! I have got to find some of those cool antique stores up in No Alabama - you guys seem to have great luck! Anyway, thank you for your sweet comment on the blog - can you believe it? We are soooo thrilled, but moreso humbled that the Lord would allow us to carry one of His! All in His sovereign time - I just can't believe it!
Can't wait for more bloggin!

KW said...

I seriously can not tell you how jealous I am of you for being an actual sister of Erica's! I miss her and I am always so delightfully jealous of both of your creativeness and spunk! You girls rock and I really miss your mommasissy so much! She is my inspiration! Your girls and little man are beautiful and God could not be more wonderful in his blessings for you! LOVE!

Ashley said...

What a fun surprise! I'm a fan of the photos too-#1 kind of sums her up, don't you think??!?! :) LOVE YOU KIDS!!!!!!!!! I just posted about Al Brown coming to Enterprise for the weekend. I didn't know E was in Dothan. GLAD Y'all had fun!!! Were you as surprise as me and Al were when y'all showed up at the Hartselle Pool? I love the dress too! I want one also! :)

erin said...

Hi Darby, What a great surprise! Looks like you girls had fun. Hope your middle muffin is feeling better. Great looking house for your parents... were you able to tempt them???

megan @ a life's design said...

What a great surprise! Looks like you all had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

ok...where is the sleeping beauty costume from.....I must have one for my daughter...I haven't seen one like that EVER!!!!

MIMILEE said...

Oh how I love my sister visits!!! I have four precious sisters and we have so much fun just being together! You and Erika are having so much good sis time together! I love it! All the pictures are fabulous as usual and I love the house for mom and dad!

God Bless you all!