Thursday, December 4, 2008

the shirts & a little etsy shopping



The shirts that y'all went nuts over are the handy work of my very good friend Tara. She's a mommy to 3 beautiful girls and has a new etsy shop:: Smitten & Co.. She's a very talented and creative woman and has the cutest things you've ever seen. She uses a heatpress for her shirts and they are great quality and wash and dry well! This heatpress business is a fine art... and I believe she has it perfected! Go check her out and please tell her that I sent you! :)

While you're on etsy you may consider taking the HANDMADE PLEDGE!
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
There are lots of little people out there who would love your support this Christmas! I've been doing lots and lots of browsing and here's what I've found that absolutely tickles my fancy {some of which I fully intend to replicate}:

Giant Cupcake Cookie Jar::


A personalized silhouette print::


A quilted scarf::
Pierre::Button bracelet {so that I can not only sew buttons but also wear them!}::
Princess Super Hero Cape::
Personalized Melamine Plate or here::


Chalkboard Placemat::

Mommy Cards::

Kid Cards::
Christmas Stickers::
Something pretty for Momma or Grandmomma::
Beki's tote bag/purse {I've been eyein' this one for months!}::

ok... back to reality!

11 comments:

Shireen said...

Darby, You're so talented, and I enjoy your taste so much!

I can't wait to get there and see what you have in store for us! :) Hee hee! I'm comin', loaded with my camera! ;)

I want to hug on your little munchkins, too. I can't believe it! Can't wait!! :)

Love! Love!

TMB said...

yippee skippee!!

dylan's reindeer tee will be here next week...

Kendra White said...

yeah i ordered my snowman shirt today... john hunter will look like a doll. aren't you so glad she make long names like john hunter and john martin look so darn cute!

Lindsey said...

thanks for the cute ideas. you know i had my eye on the princess cape! hope to see you this weekend!

The HoneaBees said...

Thanks for these! I too am an etsy shopper. I just bought a necklace from moppetsclosets (on etsy) that is made similar to the bracelet you have pictured. Very inexpensive and so nice!
LOVE the shirts too!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Thanks so much for the Etsy roundup, I've looking there for cute holiday things and your selections are perfect.

Erin Southwell said...

Wowzers, thanks for the smitten store link, I just ordered two tees, LOVE her darling stuff! :) Merry Christmas!

KM said...

Your family is beautiful and your heart is beautiful. I love reading your blog - thanks for sharing your life. I found you through Erika's blog. It's so nice to see someone so real and true to themselves, and to the Lord. God bless you,
Kara

Mommy Harris said...

thank you thank you thank you! That was more than I'd hoped for! I'm drooling and will have to wait until nap time to browse!

Unknown said...

Darby, I had to stop in and comment for the first time (I've been a little gunshy about jumping in as a new blogger myself). Your blog is one that I enjoy tuning into whenever I can. Your family is beautiful!

In any case, funny story, lo and behold-as I'm just tuning into your blog (I missed it for the past few days)-I kid you not, I just bought the Pierre doll from Christina last night.

My little guy is six months old and I've been searching for something he could love to bits and pieces.

I cannot wait to see what you come up with. Considering your past endeavors, they'll undoubtedly be fabulous. Have a lovely Monday evening!

Anonymous said...

I love Etsy too! Isn't it the best.

Just one question, when are you going to open your shop? I've been reading your blog for a while now and you are so crafty and talented!