Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm back...

I hope you are ready for a wild post that will more than likely be ALL over the place. I figured since this post will more than likely be very random that I would accompany it with a random photograph. Seemingly you'd think my child was the one behind the camera, but no, I'm the photographer of the above. It's been several weeks since I snapped it but I came across it tonight and simply couldn't resist. I think naked Ken on a love seat, next to a grill, with a cup of tea made me snicker so I thought I better snap a picture. I might should have grabbed the clippers and cut his hair or at least styled it. Honestly, clothing him didn’t even occur to me.

It has been a wonderful week. I feel like there were a few weeks there where I was struggling to find joy in the routine and He has been faithful {like He always is} to answer my prayers! Y'all have been instrumental in encouraging me and I am so grateful for all my fun and crazy “blogging” friends! I haven't told y'all about my new friend in Rome. Her name is Erin. Let me tell you that Erin has some crazy-nice generosity genes and lately I've been finding these in boxes left at my house...

At first I emailed her and told her there must have been a mistake {although I was secretly hoping there wasn't}. She told me she wanted to send me a baby book. These books are not baby books. These are absolutely beautiful design books that are oozing with design goodness. I look at them everyday {drooling over what's inside} and still can't believe a girl my friend in Rome sent them to me. These are the type books you look at in a store {or on someone else’s coffee table} and think, "I would love to have this book, I really “want” it but I don't really "need" it." And since lately we can't buy anything we don't "need" they actually brought tears to my eyes when I opened them. She tells me there was no mistake. She wanted me to have them. I am floored at her kindness and generosity. And I'm grateful for her friendship. I hope to one day meet her and thank her for her kindness. Until then, "Thank you, Erin!"

In other news this week... I have a new jefe {for you non-Spanish people that is pronounced "hef- ay"} and translates "boss". My sister is now my boss. I haven't been fired yet and so far things are going great. I just expensed a 5 day, 4 night trip to Charleston for "design inspiration" and when she sees it on the American Express she might give me the boot! All joking aside, she has allowed me to take on some local work with her for a few hours a week and it's been an absolute delight. She's unbelievably fast and talented and I'm thankful that she trusts me enough to allow me to sign my name under the Urban Grace logo! :) Thanks, sister!

I enjoyed my time this morning out of the house. Annie is a great sitter and was able to keep all the children at bay. We have a relaxing weekend ahead with very few plans and that excites me. Erika and Chance are coming to spend the night tonight and I'm thrilled. We haven't seen them since our weekend getaway to the farm! It's been 8+ weeks and that is far too long. We're babysitting their dogs so I'm sure I will have stories to share by the weekend's end.

Do y'all know this song? Have you heard the story behind it? I heard this song today while driving around town running my errands. I put the windows down and reminded myself that my Savior, He can move the mountains and He's mighty to save! Have a great weekend! And WAR EAGLE!


17 comments:

Mandy said...

Have a good and relaxing weekend! We have no plans either and I am SO excited....I made the eclair dessert yesterday for the weekend and the family is excited about digging in! Are you coming to Charleston, SC? That will be so fun...I live there or in Mt. Pleasant, over the bridge and it just cooled off here so you should have a blast! Have fun with your sister! Blogging friend, Mandy...my blog is private but I will put your e-mail in and you can view us!

Wilson's Winners said...

BEST song EVER!!! It really caught my attention at Beth Moore Simulcast back in August. Love it...tear up every time...Have a great weekend!

Jennisa said...

Oh, Darby! That is one of my FAVORITE songs right now! I had NO IDEA that was the story behind it! Thank you for sharing!

beki said...

Good for you, Darby! It sounds like you're finding some balance and peace in your days. I thing your getting a babysitter is a very smart move. Hope you have a great weekend (Go Tigers!, hee-hee, I couldn't resist ;-))

Household6 said...

Isn't this somehow blog plagiarism...don't I at least get a shout out? HA!

H

becky said...

i have sang it from the top of my lungs at some beth moore events. now i'm glad to know where to find it!!

Unknown said...

That is my *favorite* song right now! Thanks for posting your life. I would give anything to be able to hang out with you and erica :)
blessings,
lauren

Carly Winborne said...

I love the Deceptively Delicious book and highly recommend you try the meatballs recipe first. Skip the brownies with pureed spinach and run to the nearest Duncan Hines box. The "healthy" version is not worth it, in my opinion. But the meatballs are over-the-top delish!!

Beth Goff said...

That's so exciting that you are going to be doing some design!! That will be great!!

I really enjoyed that video. Thanks for posting it. What a great story! I have to admit my husband is my favorite singing that song. I hope he gets to record it one day!

Have an enjoyable weekend! War Eagle!!

Dianne said...

You're going to love working part time. What a wonderful job!!!

Shireen said...

Darby, I'm sitting here absolutely in tears...thanking the Lord for reminding me through this story and song of HIS faithfulness and for the gift of my sweet husband.

Thank you for sharing this, sweet friend.

Enjoy the weekend with your best friends...your hubby & your twin sister! Okay, enjoy Chance's company, too! I just know how close you are to Erika! I love that, Darby!

Love you, girl!

Jennisa said...

hey girl....yes, the dumb thing has vista....headache, I know! :)

Have a great weekend!

The Johnsons said...

Hi I am friends with The Garcias, and Shannon and I often talk about your crafts, etc. Anyway I always look at your blog for ideas, and I just made the ribbon wreath, you probably won't like the colors but what can I say I'm alumni. It doesn't look as good as yours but I'm learning. Thanks so much for all the great ideas. Um yeah and I couldn't figure out how to put a picture in the comment, I am also new to the blogging thing, but I am going to post it, so take a look if you want.
Lauren

Jack said...

So I saw those books in your house and had those exact thoughts...."What great books! I would love to have them on my table!" Hope you enjoy them and hope you have enjoyed some alone time this week while Annie was with the kiddos :) War eagle, have fun with E.

The Clarks said...

I have been reading your blog for several weeks now (on my dear sweet friend Ashley William's page. I was Ashley's neighbor for awhile in Andalusia. I have to tell you, most of your posts bring a smile to my face. I enjoy reading stories about your family. I, too, have just had another baby 3 weeks ago and can relate to lots of your experiences on everyday happenings around the house with kids. I loved your post on your hubby dressing your children for church. I couldn't stop laughing. This reminds me of my sweet husband trying so hard to help out. At least they try, right? It's so good to find humor in our mistakes.
I love that song. Didn't know the story behind it. The video left me in tears. Just goes to show who is in control of every moment of our lives. Keep your stories coming, I'm enjoying reading about your sweet family! (And can use the extra laughs anytime!) Oh, and I love all your tutorials. Wish I could say I was that smart!

kristen said...

We sang that song in Bible Study last week and I love it! What a precious, moving story! BTW, I made your white queso last week and AC (and my husband) ATE IT UP!!!

lindsey said...

i cannot quit giggling at the naked ken doll on the love seat next to the grill with a cup of tea. cracking me up! love you,

lindsey ozier