Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our Weekend {in pictures}

The weekend isn't quite over yet but I thought I'd bring you up to speed. If I wasn't such a verbose woman I'd just leave you with pictures. But I can't... so I'll summarize too!

MommaSis' & Uncle C came Friday in time for a candlelit dinner on the patio. Ribeyes, baked potatoes, steamed broccoli, salad and a little Chardonnay made for a delightful evening... all was good and harmonious until the next morning when...

About 15 minutes after they left me alone with 3 kids and 3 dogs I lost one of their babies. Yes, I am frankly the WORST dogsitter a person could ever get. Justin was gone and I didn't know what to do. Our neighbors and close friends came to my rescue. Like a manic woman I ran around outside in my pajamas yelling at the top of my lungs pleading for her to return home. All the while thinking that Erika would absolutely die if I lost one of her dogs. These dogs are like her children. We found the missing dog... Paisley... under the sofa in the playroom. I thought I'd kill her. At least she wasn't lying in the road. I apologized to our friends and I have deemed myself almost as sensational as my twin sister. To recover from my manic episode ...


I spent an hour in my sweatshop... what's on the lineup? Heirloom dresses for all. I'm working on John Martin's baptism gown and the girls of course have to have some thing to coordinate! Thankfully I've done this before and Paige's dress is already made. That makes for just 2 heirloom projects... a gown for the little man and a dress for Morgan.


A couple hours in and this is all the further I've gotten on the lace & entredeaux. Good thing I have until November! I imagine I will still be up the wee hours before the event trying to finish them up!

We enjoyed dinner on the patio both Friday and Saturday and I have mosquito bites on my ankles to prove it. The humidity has had mercy on us these last few days and the patio has become my favorite room in outside the house once again. The tiki-torch wine corks belong to a friend... now I'm on a mad search to find some of my own!



The girls enjoyed time on the patio yesterday morning too! Seleta, they love their bathing suits and I do too! Thanks!



We cheered the Tigers on in our new t-shirts {& Auburn bows}! I have a handful of t-shirts left in each design. If you're interested please email me Darby613@gmail.com. We were so sad to see them not pull off a win! Maybe next weekend!


I enjoyed coffee on the patio this morning with my husband, children, and 4 legged-nieces...

Their harnesses match my Whirling Butterfly. I cut it back {it was over 5 feet tall} 4 weeks ago and it's doing better than ever! The hummers, bees, and butterflies love it. And I do too!

I rocked the children and Paisley {the runaway} in the rocking chair. And yes, Paige slept in her clothes from last night! :) We choose our battles around here.

MommaSis' brought us this book and we are really excited about it!! Thanks, Annmarie for the rec!

In spite of the Tigers loss, Aubie joined us on the patio this morning too!

MommaSis' & Chance just rolled through to get the dogs. We did an impromptu photo shoot in an unconventional location and I can't wait to see what she captured. We have a church picnic this afternoon, Justin is providing the "live" music and I'm excited about

sitting on a quilt in the grass,
listening to my husband sing and strum,
watching my children run and play,
all while visiting with friends!

Should be fun! Now, before the kiddos wake, I'm back to the lace & entredeaux...

19 comments:

TMB said...

love all the pictures!!!

also, love your patio table...where did you get it? i have a hard time finding patio furniture that i really like!!

Wilson's Winners said...

Loved this post - once you get the heirloom dresses down for the girls, put me first on the list for Stirling!!! I need it by next April {hee hee!} and my fave is white and ecru. Thanks:))))

Dianne said...

Loved this look at a young families life. My empty nest seems very empty sometimes. I can't wait for grandchildren!

The Pavliches said...

I recognize that green mug! You gave us a set of those for our wedding gift! Unfortunately, the orange one is the only one that has survived these past 7 1/2 years :(
I think of you everytime I drink coffee in it! Love ya

erika said...

sister-
thanks so much for sharing your home with us, and with the terrihuahuas. paisley was grateful that you found room for her on your lap with the kiddos, John Martin didn't look so excited about the scenario, but those terriers will grow on him.
we are home safe and sound, and about to make some nachos and take it easy for the evening. thanks for the hospitality, the wonderful meals, the laughs, and the dog-sitting.
xoxo
mommasis & uncle c
(ps- lovely photo of me... i look hot, tired, and make-up less)

Unknown said...

So glad you found Paisley! I can't believe she was hiding in the house all along. LOL!

I love the runners on your patio table. (Is that what they are?)

Your children are so, so beautiful, Darby. :)

Anonymous said...

PRICELESS!

My weekend was quite uneventful by comparison.

Waaaaaaaaaaar EAGLE, anyway!

Unknown said...

Do you really make up your own pattern for the heirloom dresses?? Cute pictures :) Adriana calls them hummers too... sounds like a fun weekend!

Kellie said...

First of all, JM looks just like Justin (or so I think!) Second, what a fun weekend, your patio is great!!!- I love being at home and having fun! I also love church gatherings outside when the weather is nice and the children can run and play and the adults can visit!!! It does my heart good! You continue to amaze me with the dresses - I'm untalented and too busy (lazy) to learn to sew, so I just pay upwards of $200 for mine =(

erin said...

Hi Darby, sounds like you had a really great weekend. Thank goodness you found Paisley... we have a dog that runs away on a regular basis and it is the root of much stress in our lives, I can relate to the panic of searching for a four-legged bunch of love! Enjoy the cooler weather and your terrace, mosquitos and all:-) I'm doing the same thing over here in Italy!

LeslieW. said...

I have that book at my mom's house from when I was little! So funny! Can't wait to see your projects!

pve design said...

Sounds and looks like "Busy Town" over there!
I adore the lost and found story! Oh - I perish the thought of the "What if" - Scary ( not Richard Scary)
Thanks for your comment too, by the way.
Can't wait to see your lovely work!

Shireen said...

Thank you for the update on the weekend! :)

Love all the pics!

Emalee said...

http://www.mygiftedfriends.blogspot.com/

I think you'd like this blog that shows others, like you, who have great talents and put them to good use. Hope you have a great week!

Ashley said...

i had the longest dream about you and erika last night. me, you, al, and e were all there, and i think erika was building a house and showing us all of her new ideas for her own house. i think this house was located near the farm b/c i remember we wanted to all go swimming in a pond that was nearby-is that crazy or what?
allyson called from the game and said she was sitting with sarah and erika. i was way jealous!! (maybe that sparked my dream!?!)
i loved the pictures! glad you found little paisley! i can only imagine the stress! those dresses/gown are ridiculous! you're so talented!!!!

Ashley said...

ps...John Martin is too cute!!

McGee said...

I'm so impressed with your creativity when it comes to designing and sewing childrens' clothes! Can't wait to see how the baptismal gown turns out.

Dianne said...

After reading your sister's blog and seeing your photo....I want to see more of that beautiful neutral bedroom. That peek was gorgious!
BTW,the photo was so professional, magazine ready!

Busy momma said...

Just wanted to let you know that I started my first "bow wreath" tonight. Ran out of ribbon but I hung it on the front door anyway!! I chose red and orange and brown of different types and it is super for Fall- love it!! Thanks for all your super ideas and the tees. I can't wait until my busy baby can fit into hers....maybe our Tigers will be winning again by then :)