Thursday, August 21, 2008

Because 'play clothes' can be cute too...

Many of you have expressed interest in buying embroidered & appliqued t-shirts for your children. I've seriously contemplated putting these in my etsy shop but with 3 small children there aren't enough hours in the day for me to take it on. But here's what I've come up with instead...

For over a year now I've wanted to embark on this endeavor and life has simply interrupted me. A house renovation, a pregnancy, and a new baby have all prevented me from moving forward. Well... now I'm ready! I've designed several toddler t-shirts and I'm going to start with these 2 designs and see what happens. There is nothing fancy about them and that is what makes them special. Most {but not all} of the designs have a clip art picture with a Bible verse below. I hope that they will not only encourage your young children but also help them to learn scriptures and Bible stories.

The designs will be screen printed on a short-sleeved t-shirt made by Rabbit Skins. It is a 5.5 ounce, 100% cotton t-shirt and has a more "tailored" look than other "boxy/beefy" type t-shirts. This shirt is very flattering on both boys & girls {and is the actual shirt pictured below}. It tends to run a little on the small side and if in doubt order up a size. They come in 2T, 3T, & 4T. I will be taking orders by email {darby613@gmail.com} for a week {please don't order in the comments section}, when the shirts are in I will email you an invoice and you can pay me through Paypal or personal check. The shirts will be mailed Priority Mail {$4.80 and I will combine shipping for no add'l charge} and will hopefully arrive to your door in 3 weeks. The shirts will cost no more than $16 a piece. The more I print the cheaper they get and of course I will pass the savings on to you!

Now, in my best "used car salesman" voice, if you put a link to this blog post on your blog and advertise for me your name will go in a hat and you will receive a FREE shirt of your choosing! Email me or post your link in the comments!

Here are your two choices and if all goes well... I hope to have more for the fall & Christmas holidays!! And I apologize the pictures aren't any bigger.
1) Selfishly, I have designed a CUTE Auburn t-shirt. It has a "vintage, Aubie-looking" tiger on it and reads "War Eagle!" It will be printed in orange.

2) This t-shirt has a very simple whale and reads "From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the Lord his God. -Jonah 2:1". It will be printed in navy blue.


Ok, I think that's it! For now at least!

20 comments:

Weatherly said...

Darby! You're shirts look darling!!! I will be more than happy to feature you on my blog...I actually think this next week is going to be a tribute to women who run small businesses from their home. Perfect timing. Please email me any graphics you would like for me to include. Best of luck with the business! I'm sure you will be amazed with the response especially with such cute designs!

Shireen said...

Hey, girl! I am so proud of you! I want to find a hobby that I enjoy, too! :)
You are most definitely 'advertised' on my blog, but I don't want anything for free! :)
I'll have to make a purchase in the near future!! :)
Love you, and, again, I'm so proud of you! I was just bragging on you to Russell!

The Robertson Family said...

Darby,
The shirts are adorable! You amaze me with all your activities. I think you should consider an owl shirt! I posted a link to the post on my blog. Already going through my Christmas list to see who I need to get one for!

KricketM said...

WAR EAGLE!
http://ansleygracemitchell.blogspot.com/

:)

erika said...

Too bad M&P couldn't be your models. I love you... these are precious. If you made this in a 6x I might could squeeze myself into it and market it as a "baby doll tee" for women... let me know if that interests you? ;)

Unknown said...

Very cute Darby!!! I'm with Erika...if you want to market a baby doll t to women I know I can get into a boy's Hanes XL!!! (I wear the t under my scrubs) ;)

Courtney said...

Darby - if you don't want to market it as a baby doll tee, let me know. I can be your model :)

Just kidding. But Erika and AKB's comments made me giggle. They're hilarious.

Good for you for doing something for yourself during this hectic time!! I hope you do well and should I need kiddie gifts, I'll come a knockin'

Unknown said...

So cute! I second the owl one... I just might have to get the whale one for now - need to check with the husband :) Can't wait to see more! I don't know how you do it... I can barely keep up with things around my house and keep track of one child.

Leah said...

Very cute!!! I'm linking you up and going to check my Christmas list to see if the sizes with correspond!

Kellie said...

Darby, cute, cute, cute - I'll have to check with my husband and see if I can order 2 of them for Wilson and Emma Claire - the whale of course - Roll Tide!!! I left a comment for people to check out your blog, but I'm not sure if that's what you meant by "link", I'm not great at this Internet stuff - just the basics for me!

Jennifer said...

these are so cute, Darby! and good for you for making some time to do something YOU want to.

love the vintage Aubie! war eagle!

Stewart said...

Darby your shirts are so adorable! I wish I could fit into the Auburn one! I LOVE the vintage Aubie! What a great idea!

Ashley said...

I love them both! I'm adding a link to my blog now. :)

Dianne said...

Good luck Darby on this new venture! You are amazing. I'll be checking my Christmas list. My own little ones are big now. :)

pve design said...

makes me want another baby...
do they come in my size... big baby :)
love them.
pve

The Buchanan Family said...

Darby I love these shirts! Great Idea, I have linked you (I think-I am new to this blog world)!
Ashley
I will def. need to purchase one of the AU ones-too CUTE!

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

From 2006-2008, Paragon Remodeling, Inc. received national recognition as a Top Remodeler by Qualified Remodeler Magazine for their outstanding home remodeling services for Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC. When you’re looking for a window replacement company, siding company or professional deck builders, contact Paragon Remodeling. Visit http://www.paragonremodeling.com/

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey said...

i just put a link here on my blog! hope you get some more business! http://lindseysalter.blogspot.com