Sunday, August 31, 2008

Really good questions

this entire post is being typed w/ 1 hand... {in other words: we've got a fussin' baby, folks}
1st) why did I eat this?



2nd) why are my neighbors watering their yard when it's raining outside and a cat 4 hurricane is headed to our general vicinity?

3rd) why didn't I put on my "happy shirt" this morning?

Today has been long {w/inclement weather on the horizon Justin had to take to the fields again today after church}.... but yesterday was good and my "real life" friend, Lindsey, came to my rescue. We went to the park & she selflessly came back here to swim with the girls {hers included} while I attempted to get JM down, which never really happened yesterday and still hasn't happened today. Surely a newborn baby needs "consecutive" hours of sleep, right? The all-nighter he pulled last week was a cruel joke. Anyway, it was a blessing to have her company!

Much to my dismay, my weekend project hasn't started yet... perhaps tomorrow. In other news, Erika has safely landed in Boston to meet another random internet friend. From our conversations thus far, Annmarie is NORMAL, although Erika may think otherwise after 5 days with a mother of 4!

Ok, Paige is gnawing on a bar of soap...

6 comments:

becky said...

bless your little heart. i know how you feel about JM not being a great consecutive sleeper. my boys were rock stars (at least in my memory.) but ally claire is a terrible day time napper. of course, she has all the noise of 2 rowdy boys keeping her up. she finally has stretched her nights out within this last week (she's 11 weeks). so hang in there. she will sleep from 9-5 right now. but the daytime sucks!! she may sleep 45 minutes at a time. it's killing me. so you aren't alone!!

thank goodness for real life friends!!

Katie said...

i guess it gives a whole new meaning to "out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants, You have perfected praise"...especially when you have an earful of a real life baby "praise"...it will get better but until it does I would stick with the happy shirt :)

katie

Household6 said...

Usually Sam is my puker...and thankfully he has yet to catch "the bug".

I have been appliqueing like crazy. I need to send you pics. I was so excited about it that I dreamed about it all night, pathetic, I know!

H

Beth Goff said...

I tried to comment last night but TJ's silly MAC was not working right... anyway, this is what my comment said...

While I was blog reading I got to your blog while TJ was making me some ice cream. I made him add M&M's to it! THANKS a lot!! :)

MIMILEE said...

I just love your blog, cause you are so REAL! Every mom in the world can relate!

Darby, you are so refreshing!

<>< MimiLee

Jack said...

We had a great time at the park and in the pool. Would love to do it any day!! Love you and your crew!