Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Recap!


Is Monday already almost over? How can it be? Justin and I just returned from Preschool Orientation. I can't believe I'm a parent, let alone the parent of a child that actually is getting ready to go to "school". We met Morgan's teacher tonight and tomorrow she goes for her big first day! She's snug in her bed, her clothes are picked out, and her "school bag" is hanging from the post of her 4-poster bed. Little Raiger thinks she's going too... it will be a rude awakening when she realizes she's not 3 yet, sad thing is, I'll be doing the same thing for her next year this time. Where does the time go?
We had a busy but delightful weekend...
  • I had dinner with my husband and John Martin Friday night! Buffalo wings & salad... YUM!
  • While dining I got to run to the parking lot and hug the neck of my most precious friend that I don't get to see very often as she drove through town! What a treat!
  • John Martin & I took a trip to see the pediatrician Saturday morning
  • The little man has a plugged & infected tear duct
  • We ate dinner here at the house with friends Saturday night and watched the Olympics! Once again I could be found jumping up and down in front of the tv! Go USA!
  • The little man also came down with nasty nasal congestion Saturday night
  • He sounds like he's breathing through a coffee stirrer {it will nearly break your heart and keep you up all night long at the same time}
  • Justin mowed the grass and swam with the girls
  • I made an craft apron for a young man named Clark
  • I got to worship with my family on Sunday morning. It takes an act of Congress to get all of us dressed {of which I'm the hardest to dress-- I think I tried on 12 different things before finally finding something that would accommodate the mammary glands me} and out the door but we made it, the Lord was there and I'm so glad I was too!
  • I also got to run to Target by myself on Sunday afternoon
  • We celebrated Justin's dad's birthday with his family on Sunday night
  • I didn't sleep last night because I was listening to my poor child try to breathe
  • If you think about it, would you please pray for his little, teeny, tiny sinuses that are congested?

Ok, now I'm ready to fold that last load of laundry and hop in bed! Hope you all had simply delightful & refreshing weekends!!

15 comments:

Courtney said...

He's certainly in our prayers and what a busy weekend you all had!! The craft apron is adorable.

Anonymous said...

GIRL!! How do you do it? You have the hardest, most rewarding job in the world. I admire all Mothers. The apron is cute as a button...do you sew in your sleep? LOL

Shireen said...

Hey, sweet friend! I LOVED all the communication with you over the weekend...it was so good for my heart. The Lord loved on me through you! Thank you for allowing Him to do so!

I have been praying for John Martin, and I will continue to do so. I wish I'd been the friend passing through town that you ran to the park to hug! :)

Ashley had her baby yesterday! She had a c-section b/c the baby would not have fit through her pelvic bone. Nathan, her son, is beautiful! I got to hold him for maybe 30 minutes last night! :) Just rockin' away! I didn't want to leave them! :(

Try to enjoy today...taking Morgan to school. I'm so proud of you, Darby! I praise the Lord for your lives, and, I'm so grateful yall are living for HIM! Delight in Him, and may He continue to give you the desires of your heart!

becky said...

what a super cute apron!! and your poor little man. i hope he is feeling better soon!!

Anonymous said...

Hey D! I'll be praying for poor little JM. Poor guy! I can't believe Morgie is going to school! Oh My!! Sounds like you had a very busy weekend! Wish I were there! Miss and love you all! Love, Cous

Hannah Fields said...

what a talented mommy you are. I love the apron. Also, doesn't it feel so good when you finally get to church. People always ask me how i am doing and i just say, " I am so glad to be here". It does take a lot of work to get to church. My husband has to get to church several hours before me so i have to get the kids ready alone. We have it down. I can get them fed and dressed and out the door in thirty minutes flat. I usually need another shower by the time i am finished. o well. i am always so encouraged when reading your blog.

Hannah Fields said...

what a talented mommy you are. I love the apron. Also, doesn't it feel so good when you finally get to church. People always ask me how i am doing and i just say, " I am so glad to be here". It does take a lot of work to get to church. My husband has to get to church several hours before me so i have to get the kids ready alone. We have it down. I can get them fed and dressed and out the door in thirty minutes flat. I usually need another shower by the time i am finished. o well. i am always so encouraged when reading your blog.

The Brezina's said...

Thats for my little man and its cute as a button! He's going to be the best looking Artist in his class at school :-) Thanks Darby for your hard and speedy work!

The Brezina's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dianne said...

I am certainly praying for JM's little sinus passages. It's so hard to have a sick baby. Now that #1 is in school, she will bring everything home to baby. Just keep washing hands. :)
God bless you all.

andi said...

Sounds like lots of fun!
Hope the little guy is feeling better. Cute apron!

Jennie-Marie said...

I sure do hope those aprons will be on Etsy! I hope JM is feeling better and I pray that you both get some rest tonight! Hang in there Little Mamma, you are amazing!

Wilson's Winners said...

Love the apron! Can I request one for Stirling?!? What's your going price? No rush - just in time to bake cookies for Santa!!

J said...

Love the apron.

I had two kids with blocked tear ducts - one went away on it's own by 1 year and the other child had to have an operation to open them. It was no big deal - I think it took 20 minutes total. But, they usually go away on their own.

Sue said...

Hoping JM is feeling better. My son had a blocked tear duct at an early visit, the MD prescribed some ointment to put on his lower lid, and it was cleared up by the time we went back for the next visit!