Monday, August 11, 2008

Road trip recap & pictures...

I absolutely love to go home.

I don't do it near as often as I would like.

Being a mother of 3 little ones probably plays a factor in not making it there as often.

And the fact that it's 12 hours away.


I've been wanting to post this post "a trip recap" since last Tuesday night but life has been lived & the blog has sat still. My apologies! I wanted to be creative and clever in my post about the trip. I wanted to let y'all know that I had so much fun, that the trip was long, that the children {all of them} were well behaved, and that I didn't want to come home when it was time to leave. I also wanted to tell you that my parents have hummingbirds like south Alabama has gnats. That I have a wonderful mother who is a "good woman" like the plaque above her kitchen sink reads. And that the farm is truly one of my most favorite places on earth. But I've been so tired lately and when I've had a chance to blog... it's been late and all I can really think about doing is getting in bed.


I also wanted to tell you that the most memorable part of the road trip took place at none other than my favorite eating establishment: the DQ. We were in the heart of Amish country when we see a young man pull up in his tractor {thankfully I had my camera handy}. What I thought was just a young Amish gentleman rolling up to the DQ for a snack ended up being much more. Look at the pictures and see what else he had in "tow". I love the Amish for so many reasons: their faith, their talents, their convictions, their simple lives... but I'm still smiling about this one.








I loved seeing my family and it's always such a treat to see aunts, uncles, grand parents and cousins. We enjoyed family around delicious meals and my mouth is already watering to go back soon!

Once again, I'm ready for bed... so here's a link to our pictures from the weekend!

Farm Road trip

If you haven't read/seen Erika's recap: HERE IT IS!

11 comments:

erika said...

i have been waiting anxiously for those photos of the amish.
man, i bet they get so hot.
and i mean, is that legal?
safe?
hilarious.
really hilarious.
nice work on capturing the sequence of events.
xoxo
momasissy

Shelli Allen Photography said...

can you invite me next time.. i am sure erika would be up for more kids..right?

Dianne said...

Wonderful to see these pictures. Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! What a fun memory. Oh, and just saw your bathrooms on Erika's blog; they made my morning. Seriously. I've never laughed so hard. You are going to have some awesome before and after's someday!!

Shireen said...

Loved all the pics and narrations! :)

I saw the Birmingham pics!! :)

Erika's facial expressions are hilarious! :) She's so real!

You look amazing, and your hubby is a rock star for driving the whole way! Good grief! Whew!

Missed you! Glad you had a great time, sweet friend!!

Amber said...

Darby, I LOVED all the pictures! It looks like yall had a great time, and that it was definitely worth it. I love the pictures of the amish. Hilarious!

Unknown said...

Loved the post. Seeing the pics of Birmingham makes me long to be home!!!
~Alison

Kellie said...

Loved all the pictures - my sister lives in Indiana, so I know that route well! I know ya'll had fun - the farm looks straight out of a book!

Lindsay said...

I am going to start a club - I Wish I Were A McPherson. You and Erika and your families are adorable. I love reading your blog and seeing pics of the adorable children. Keep em coming! :)

Anonymous said...

Good pics, D! Glad you all made it back south, safe and sound! The amish pictures are great. I didn't realize you could really pull a trailer with a tractor?! Hope you're doing well! Love you, Cousin

Anonymous said...

Darby! I cant beleive the family was in that TRAILER! that has got to be the funniest thing I have seen. I am glad you got to vist with my mom, she loved seeing the girls and JM! Graduation went well enough, my hat fell off on the walk out but, hey who was paying attention to me besides my parents any way. Any way I am headed with the fam to Costa Rica on thursday youll have to chek the blog or facebook the following week for pictures of monkeys and SLoths and we are going on an "intense" horse back riding , rock climing, tree top zipline adventure sounds like a breeze! Im sure there will be plenty of pictures. GLad you enjoyed the ones of the Photo shoot I showed Kathie she liked them too.
See ya later!
-BK